A few valuable tips for writers entering the market for the very first time:
- Do your homework before starting to write your first screenplay or teleplay (you will be dedicating copious amounts of time so make sure there is a market for it)
- Diversify (write for different mediums – print, radio, etc. – to hone your skills)
- Read anything and everything that interests you
- Write whenever you can and wherever you can
- Ignore discouraging words from others who try to persuade you to give it up
- Be persistent, yet graceful and listen to your true inner voice
Good luck and by the way, get back to writing.